Society of Television Lighting & Design
- Production & Acquisition
- Education, Training & Recruitment
The STLD was established on 30 October 1974 as the Society of Television Lighting Directors to promote discussion on techniques and the use and design of equipment in the field of television production, and at its 35th AGM in March 2009 it became the Society of Television Lighting and Design.
· The Society provides a forum that stimulates a free exchange of ideas in all aspects of the television profession.
· It promotes discussion on techniques and on the use and design of equipment.
· Professional meetings are organized throughout the UK and abroad.
· Technical information together with News of members and their activities, are published in the Society's magazine.
· The Society has no union affiliations, and is therefore recognized as a valuable platform for open discussion and demonstration by Production, Management and Industry.