Privacy & Cookies Policy
i2i Events Privacy & Cookies Policy
- This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the privacy and cookies policy of i2i Events Limited, Company Number 7925964 (England) whose registered address is at The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London W1B 5AP and its subsidiary companies (“i2i”), who controls this website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is i2i Events Limited.
2. Collection of Personal Information
- The types of personal information collected and stored by i2i might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”).
i2i (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to i2i to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from i2i;
- any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to an i2i website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to i2i when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- i2i (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
3. Storage and Retention of your Information
- i2i will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that i2i uses and the security policies which i2i has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
4. Use of Your Information
- 1. i2i may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- if you have given your consent for i2i to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by i2i to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions
- to third parties selected by i2i as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the i2i website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure i2i's compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of i2i and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring i2i to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an i2i website; andto any individual making a subject information request to i2i.
- In the event that i2i (or a relevant part of i2i) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant i2i business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom i2i is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on i2i by the third party.
- When you visit an i2i website(s), i2i uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you're use of the website. A number of cookies i2i use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to an i2i website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to an i2i website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors. To do this, we gather statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) including device-specific data such as the IP address of the device (collected and stored in an anonymised format); the device screen size; the device type and browser information; country of location; and the preferred language used to display the website(s). Our servers also automatically record information including the referring domain; the pages visited; and the date and time when website(s) pages were accessed.
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the i2i website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.ukor follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Some of the cookies used by i2i websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on an i2i website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so
g. Our cookies
We have described the main cookies we use and what we use these for below:
Cookie name Purpose More Information
Hotjar (_hjUserId) These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website(s). We use the information to improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors. www.hotjar.com
h. Third party cookies
_utmz These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
i. Certain cookies are either set by third parties on the Website or these are set by us using the third parties cookie code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website. In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
6. Third Party Websites
- Please be aware that i2i does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- To access certain parts of the i2i websites, i2i may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
- i.provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
- ii.maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
8. Call Monitoring for Quality Control
Please note your calls to i2i Events Group may be recorded for training and quality control purposes.