Astec leads the way at BVE 2013 in showing how to increase up-time and enhance quality of service and experience
At BVE 2013, Astec, the provider of iBroadcastÒ, the platform wide, multi-vendor, Network Management System (NMS) for broadcasters, will be featuring two free daily interactive on-stand presentations, demonstrating how to address key commonly occurring challenges facing today’s broadcasters – how to achieve optimum uptime and how to deliver enhanced quality of service and experience. At 11am and 2pm on stand J72, Astec Technical Director Chris Barlow will talk the audience through two 15 minute presentations on:
· How Astec can increase broadcast uptime
· How Astec can enhance your quality of service and experience in broadcasting
Advances in technology mean that Consumers are more in control than ever and are demanding to watch what they want, when they want on their device of choice and broadcasters are focussed on quickly and efficiently meeting this demand.
The more pressing issue is behind the scenes. Providing Any Time, Any Where, Any Device broadcasting is hugely complex. But greater complexity and volume of broadcasting devices results in increased costs and inevitably, risk to the broadcaster as they strive to maintain uninterrupted service. Market forces are driving down revenues and increasingly, the only way for broadcasters to overcome the paradigm shift is to drive efficiency within the business.
Astec MD, Andy Tripp says, “The failure of any of the multitude of systems now being used by broadcasters could lead to channels going off air, serious breaches of regulations, huge fines, hundreds if not thousands of consumer complaints and the loss of vital advertising revenue.”
He continues, “Broadcasting is expensive - whatever services you provide. The wider the range of services - the bigger the cost. And that often means a huge initial outlay before there’s any chance of an income stream to pay for it. So it is vital broadcasters put in the best systems to monitor and control all of their various outlets - all of the time. It’s very difficult to shake off a reputation for being unreliable once things go wrong.”
Astec IT Solutions Ltd will be exhibiting their latest iBroadcastÒ Network Management System at BVE 2013 (stand J72), ExCel, London 26th-28th February 2013.
Notes for editors
1. iBroadcastÒ, provided by Astec, is a platform wide, multi-vendor, network management system that provides comprehensive integration, monitoring and control of broadcast devices and services resulting in improved availability, customer satisfaction, regulatory compliance and revenue protection. Enabling World Class broadcasting, iBroadcastÒ integrates 1000s of disparate broadcast devices (e.g. video routers, audio encoders, ratio converters, set top boxes etc) into one complete monitoring and control solution via a single intuitive display. iBroadcastÒ integrates unlimited devices and systems from more than 400 industry suppliers (including Axon, Omneon, EVS, Evertz, VizRT, Tandberg/Ericsson, Snell, GVG and Miranda to name a few). Improvements in compliance, availability and ultimately customer satisfaction can be gained through improved platform visibility, aggregated data and real-time service monitoring.
2. Astec has been providing integrated IT solutions to leading companies in broadcasting, manufacturing and utilities markets for over 12 years.
3. Astec is a Premier Solutions Provider (PSP) for GE Intelligent platforms.
4. For further information or to arrange a press interview, please call Annette Gann on 07415 864429 or Sarah Johnson on 07984 030667.
5. More details can be obtained by visiting www.astecsolutions.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org